Alternative Fuel Vehicles
State Agency Links
- The Oklahoma Corporation Commission regulates the exploration and production of oil and gas, the storage and dispensing of petroleum based fuels and the operation of intrastate transportation in Oklahoma. The OCC also establishes rates and services of public utilities and oversees the conservation of natural resources.
- The mission of the Oklahoma Energy Resources Board (OERB) is to use the strength of Oklahoma’s greatest industry to improve the lives of all Oklahomans through education and restoration. OERB educates Oklahomans about the importance of oil and natural gas in their lives through traditional and non-traditional school curriculum, advertising, and public relations, restores abandoned well sites to productive land use and promotes environmentally sound production methods and technologies.
- The Grand River Dam Authority (GRDA) was created to serve as a conservation and reclamation district for the waters of the Grand River. The Grand River Dam Authority Act established GRDA as a state agency and authorized it to build dams on the Grand River for the purposes of hydroelectric production, recreation, and flood control.
- The Oklahoma Geological Survey (OGS) is charged with collecting and disseminating information about the geology, mineral energy, and water resources of the state. The OGS studies Oklahoma’s geology including hydrocarbon and mineral resources and examines non-fuel minerals, coal and coal bed methane resources, earthquakes in Oklahoma and throughout the world, natural hazards, and other geological issues concerning the state.
- The Oklahoma Department of Mines enforces and implements various provisions of state and federally-mandated programs in health, safety, mining, and land reclamation practices associated with surface and subsurface mining. The department has programs to safeguard human health and safety, issue permits and inspect all mining operations for land reclamation, minimize environmental impact to land, air and water quality and regulate blasting of a mine site.
Secretary of Energy and Environment
Senate Energy Committee
Committee Meeting Schedule
Thursdays at 10:30 in room 535.
Senator Mark Allen, 405.521.5576
Committee Vice Chairman
Senator Lonnie Paxton, 405.521.55837